Rent a 4WD campervan
The best way to discover Australia’s remote areas is with a 4WD campervan, fitted with all modern conveniences. Our fleet consist of several Toyota LandCruiser 70 Troop Carriers or “Troopies”. The current models have a 4.5 litre Turbo diesel engine and were originally designed to transport up to 11 people. The fuel usage will be approximately 15 litres per 100 kilometre, fully packed and combined on bitumen and gravel. With some planning it is possible to remain completely isolated for a few weeks without any problems.
Take a look at our Troopies
WA Experts has a mix of Troopies available, but all models have the rear seats removed to allow for storage space. On the roof of all of the Troopies you will find an electric rooftop tent which sleeps 2 and if needed we will supply a mattress in the rear compartment for a third person to sleep on.
- Our Model One Troopy has a 4.2 litre diesel V6 engine with a manual gearbox
- All other Troopies have a 4.5 litre Turbo-diesel V8 engine with a manual gearbox
Although our Troopies are equipped to carry up to three people on the front bench, the travel will be a lot more comfortable with only two persons per vehicle.
Our Family Troopy (Model 4)
We now have a model available with tho extra seats behind the front bench. This vehicle is equipped with two rooftop tents sleeping two each. The possible 5th person can sleep in a separate tent or swag.
What is included?
All our 4WD campervans are well maintained and fully fitted out. Take a look at our list of standard requirements included in the rental. If necessary, we can also supply empty plastic boxes to store food and clothes that don’t fit in the storage compartments. And while you’re on the road, we will store your empty suitcases!
Standard equipment includes
- solar panel to keep the batteries going on extended periods of camping (more than 2 days without moving)
- one esky (portable insulated container to keep food/drinks cool). An esky can hold ice for up to 6 days!
- PLB (Personal Locator Beacon)
- extra tent
- curtains and/or insect screens in cargo area in case you want to sleep there
The following pack-lists are indicative of what to expect with our Troopies.
- Troopy for 2 people
- Troopy for 3 people
- Family Troopy for 3 people
- Family Troopy for 4 people
- Family Troopy for 5 people
Enjoy utter freedom
Are you the adventurous type who wants to drive whenever and wherever? Then we can help you prepare your self drive tour and plan a route with you. Off course, we’ll take your time frame, personal preferences and limitations into account. We can assist in planning and organising your trip from door to door, or we can just supply you with a rental car and some sound advice, the choice is yours.